Here’s an interesting modern etiquette question for everyone.
Is it OK to post wedding photos on Facebook while the happy couple are away on their honeymoon and turned off from the Web?
After doing a little research, these are some of the reactions:
- You find that people will post all kinds of events on Facebook before the happy couple gets a chance to see them, so really it’s accepted, and should therefore be ok.
- Weddings are a very big deal to the couple so should there be an exception about posting them up?
- Is it any different than a relative taking a bunch of photos of your wedding, printing them and showing them to anyone who walks in their home before you get to see them?
- You could say it is very different, because so many people will see them on Facebook.
- All these people will be viewing photos of a bride and groom’s wedding before they even get a chance to untag photos they don’t like.
So is it really the ‘right‘ this to do? What are your thoughts?